Dmitri Shomko: “It’s hard to play with teams that defend the whole match”
The match between Astana and Kyzyl-Zhar ended with a score of 2:0 in favour of the hosts. About how difficult it is to play against defensive teams and why it is not a problem for the “capital” ones, Dmitri Shomko told to Prosports.kz.
9 мая, 2018
- Recently, almost all the teams come to Astana Arena with a defensive game. Do you no longer get used to this?
- Of course it’s hard with such teams. Someone gets it organized, and it’s very hard to crack the defense. But we have the creativity in the attack, due to which we managed to crack the redoubts of Kyzyl-Zhar today. In the second half, we did it, but in the first half we could not bring the opportunities to a logical conclusion.
- In the second half, Astana often tried to play through crosses, as three forward players played in front. Is this your standard task in this situation?
- No, the coach just decided to field the guys who are fresh and faster. As a result, they made a difference in the ending, we scored two goals and managed to win. Sometimes, yes, we have to play the situation, but again, everything is all right with our creativity.
- You say that sometimes it is not immediately possible to complete the opportunities. Is this a problem lately?
- I do not think that this is our problem. Yes, with Shakhter it did not work out, but we create a lot of opportunities in every match. Now, if we did not create them, then yes, it would be strange. But as you can see, sometimes with such opponents you have to press the whole match to earn three points. But fans like it when the intrigue persists until the very end.
Author: Sanzhar Akatayev