Ivan Maevski: “We do not lose heart and continue to hold our line”
In an interview with Prosports.kz the midfielder of Astana Ivan Maevski told about the situation with the team after the last two matches, in which the team had problems with the realization.
9 мая, 2018
In the first half we had a lot of good opportunities. At a minimum, we were to lead with a comfortable score, but there was not enough composure at the end of the episodes. The key is that we continued to increase pressure, played our football and, after all, scored two goals.
- Is Astana not accustomed to the fact that almost all the opponents in the KPL choose a defensive model against you?
- It is clear that in away match opponents play defensive. This is our task – to open the defense. I think that in such games we should give 150%.
- After the defeat of Astana from Shakhter there were those who said that the team has a certain game crisis. What do you say about this?
- I do not know. Conclusions can be done at the end of the season. Yes, in Karaganda we stumbled, but played well, had many opportunities. This is football. Therefore, we do not lose heart, we continue to hold our line and work further.
- Is low realization the problem of forwards or the team as a whole?
- In modern football, the whole team attacks and defends. This is a question for everyone. It seems to me that almost all of our players had opportunities in the second half. This is normal. You have to work on it, be a little cooler.
- After fielding Roman Murtazayev and Djordje Despotovic, Astana began to use crosses from the wing more often. Is this a classic directive in the last 20 minutes of the match?
- No, here everything is always according to the situation. It’s just that the players who come on as substitutes are fresher, and the defenders were already tired by that time. Therefore, in such components, we have an advantage over other teams.
Author: Sanzhar Akatayev