Astana has learned its opponent in the first round of the Champions League qualification. Astana will meet with the Montenegrin Sutjeska.
20 June, 2018
In an interview with the Press Service of the club the Head Coach of the team Roman Grigorchuk told on the results of the draw:
- I always take it easy to draw, because its outcome will never be predicted. As for the evaluation of the opponent, we understand that we need to take this opponent as seriously as possible. We have already begun to study Sutjeska, our Coaching Staff prepares information. Players do not have to think about matches with Montenegrins, because before the start in the Champions League there are still a number of matches in the Championship and the first of them is a match against the principal rival – FC Kairat. It is on this duel that the attention of the players should be fully concentrated at the moment, and we are obliged to approach this match in the best possible way.
- In your opinion, where is it better to play the first match at home or away?
- Personally, for me there is not much difference. During my career there were different, and I note that the most important victories in European Competitions were won when my team held the first match at home. Therefore, I think that there is not much difference where to play the first match.
- The fact that the Kazakhstan Championship is in full swing, and in Montenegro the season has not yet begun, will be an advantage for Astana?
- The situation is twofold. On the one hand, we should look more preferable in terms of game tone. But on the other hand, our team has a very tight schedule, players need time to recover and rehabilitate, so maybe, to some extent, the current situation can play a minus. Nevertheless, we are tuning in for matches with the Montenegrin champion in the most serious way.