Roman Grigorchuk: “We are going to tomorrow with our heads high”
After the match Astana vs Sutjeska the Press Conference of the Head Coach of FC Astana Roman Grigorchuk was held:
11 July, 2018
- The team executed 13 standard positions, but the ball basically did not reach the addressee. What do you think causes?
- On the one hand it’s good that we had these standard positions, on the other hand we understand that we need to improve this component of the game and be stronger. I think that we do not use our potential in aerial struggle and actions under standards. Well, let’s not deny the fact that the opponent played well today in neutralizing our attacks in the standards. We have won today, and we do not anger God, we are happy with the victory. If we talk about the score, then there is no reason to be upset, we must evaluate what we have. We must thank God for this victory; we assessed the opponent alive and go tomorrow with our heads high and confidence that we are doing everything right.
- Are you happy with the game of team’s newcomer Rukavina?
- I am pleased with him and the whole team, while understanding that we have a lot of work to do.
- From the stands it seemed that Serikzhan Muzhikov’s game did not go, why was not he substituted earlier?
- I do not agree with your statement. Of course, there were not the most correct decisions taken by him in the end of the attacks, but I can not say that he played badly, he did a very large amount of work.
- I think that you should worry that the team has many opportunities, but few goals...
- Of course, we understand, no matter how beautiful the attacking football is, it brings pleasure only when it ends with goals scored. We understand that today we lacked one or two goals scored, and you journalists would be happy, and now you would talk about something else. But do not worry, we will be fine. We will continue to work to improve our game.
- The team for the third year in a row experiences difficulties in the first rounds of qualification. Is this due to the fact that the team does not know how to play as attacking team?
- I can not say that the team does not know how to play attacking, today we played with a huge advantage and almost one-way street. The question is only in the end of the attack, and here we have a lot of work, because in this component we were not up to par.
- Does the top-management promise you gain in the attacking line?
- This is work on, everyone understands perfectly that we need reinforcement in the attacking line. But we understand that very difficult work is being done, because it is not so easy to find a football player that would meet the requirements and goals set by Astana. We believe that we will still be able to take players into the attacking line.
- Will Almeida be ready to play in the second match with Sutjeska?
- It’s hard for me to believe that a miracle will happen and he will be able to play with Shakhter on July 14 and in the second leg against Montenegrins. He trains only 6 days after almost a two-month pause. Sports can not be fooled, and we have no right to speed up his preparation, because this can lead to the risk of injury.