Nikola Rakojevic: “We are satisfied with the result, but we could have played better”
After the match Astana vs Sutjeska the Press Conference of the Head Coach of the Montenegrins Nikola Rakojevic was held:
11 July, 2018
- We are pleased with the result, but could have played better today. But given that they are in better shape, the championship is in full swing, we have had only 22 days of preparation.
- Did you initially planned to give control over the ball to the opponent?
- We expected Astana to play in the attack, because they are ready better both technically and physically, since they have already played 19 matches this season, but we have just started. This gives them an advantage. We did not want to play only in defense, but such a strong opponent made us do it. Astana continues to be a favourite, but no one can forbid to hope.
- Did Astana justify its expectations?
- Astana played the way it played the last two matches, confidently controlling the ball. But they lacked the final shot.
- Do you think Astana will play differently in Montenegro?
- I think they will also play, as today from a position of strength. They will have an advantage in controlling the ball. But we will prepare for the second leg.