Roman Murtazayev: “In the second leg we will do 100% to go further”
In the match of the first qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, Astana won a victory over the Montenegrin Sutjeska. And although the fans expected more, the home team scored just one goal from the penalty spot.
11 July, 2018
- Initially we put ourselves in mood for a serious opponent, even didn’t think that the team is weaker, and immediately put ourselves in mood positively. We won and we must move on, nothing has been decided yet. The match is ahead. The only problem is that the heat today was strong, not that it’s hot, but stuffy. I think in Montenegro it will be even worse than here. Therefore it is necessary to prepare, and to solve the tasks.
- 1:0 – it was important not to concede, although I can’t call the score comfortable?
- In the second leg we’ll do our best, one hundred percent, to the best of our ability. The most important thing is to qualify further. We will think about a good match, let’s see, the most important is that there is no heat.
- Why it did not turn out to score more, although you played a lot ahead with the whole team?
- In some moments the opponent did not allow, in the other moments the heat affected. It’s hard in such a stuffy weather, I do not know how to describe it. “You become fed up” very much. And the finishing touches are no longer obtained. Somewhere there are lack of last pass, the correct reception, many nuances. This is not an excuse, we are in the same conditions, we must go further. God grant we will win.
- Often the opponent’s players fell on the lawn, was this your playing against them so much?
- Maybe somewhere someone was hit, maybe the muscles grabbed. Different reasons can be. But the opponent is good.
- You took responsibility to shoot a penalty, did you know how the goalkeeper will act?
- No, I just wanted to shoot – and did it. In our team of 25 people, 23 can shoot a penalty. Nothing supernatural. The most important is that I scored, and at once it became easier to the team a little. It is necessary to work hard, try, and a lot of work must be done, by me, and my partners. Then God will give another stage, it is necessary to approach it with all responsibility, courage, and confidence.
- You have a busy schedule, the match with Shakhter is ahead, is that good?
- I would like to have a rest between the two qualifying matches. Such a calendar, it is necessary to take the field and solve problems, it’s our job, just as the schedule will be put, so we will act.
- Have you already thought you will play with Midtjylland?
- If we thought so, we lost today. This rule, when you do not respect the opponent and not care doit about, you can suffer very much for it. I hope we do not. I can not speak for the whole team, but I think there is not.