Evgeni Postnikov: “The team supported Mokin. It happens…”
In an interview with the Republican Internet portal Sports.kz, the defender of FC Astana Evgeni Postnikov commented on the draw in the KPL match with FC Ordabasy, and also told about expectations from the match with the Czech FC Jablonec in the Europa League.
20 October, 2018
- Evgeni, how to explain that, having such a significant advantage, FC Astana couldn’t manage to win?
- The match was such that we attacked a lot, tried and eventually scored a beautiful goal from the penalty area. Then we conceded a completely not necessary goal. It’s ok, this is football, anything can happen here. No need to dwell on it. We need to continue to work. It is necessary to win further and that’s all.
- Did you say something to Alexandr Mokin after he made a mistake entailing a goal?
- Said nothing, only supported him. This is football. It happens. FC Ordabasy, in principle, had no other chances. Such a moment and we conceded... We are one team and must support each other in such episodes. After that, we still had chances to score. Especially in the end.
- Is an intrigue in the title race still alive?
- Of course, it will be alive as long as any team has a chance. It is unpleasant that we missed our points at home. In front of our fans.
- What was not enough? Did the goalkeeper of FC Ordabasy save time after time, or rather you made decisions in a hurry somewhere?
- It is hard to say. There were good approaches. Maybe it was necessary to play somewhere keenly.
- What are your expectations from the match with a team from the Czech Republic in the Europa League?
- If they play in the Europa League Group Stage, they have a good team. Some of these days we will analyze their game. It will be hard away. Moreover, in the Europa League you always need to play at the maximum, try to achieve results.