Nemanja Maksimovic constantly asks about FC Astana – Antonio Rukavina
The correspondent of SIA “SPORTINFORM” contacted the defender of FC Astana and the National Team of Serbia Antonio Rukavina after the match of the 33rd round of the KPL with the FC Irtysh (4:0).
11 November, 2018
- Antonio, this is your first championship in Kazakhstan...
- I’m happy. It is always difficult to convey emotions after winning the championship. Five champions in a row – is a very cool achievement. This is my first trophy in the squad of FC Astana and I am pleased.
- What can you say about the Kazakhstan Championship as a whole?
- Kazakhstan Championship is a tournament with strong competition. But not everything is as smooth as it seems at first glance. Everything is fine with us, but during away matches we often face problems of a turf of poor quality.
- The next match against FC Dynamo. Your thoughts?
- A very important match, of course. We said before FC Jablonec that the victory in that match will provide us with playoffs by 90%. So, perhaps, it will be enough for us to earn at least one point in the next match.
- Do you know someone from FC Dynamo?
- Of course. I know the Slovene Benjamin Verbić, the Croatian left defender Josip Pivaric. Dynamo is a good team with a rich history, but I hope that our club will manage to win or play a draw. The most important thing is that to leaveadvance from the group.
- What happened to the team? Probably, you remember that the players had a lot of problems, both with the organization of the match, and with the realization of the opportunities. What influenced the fiery final segment of the season?
- Time. In the summer a lot of new players arrived, they needed some time to adapt.
- Now the players will have a small pause, because the championship is over. Is it good or bad?
- I practically will not pause. I’m going to the disposal of the National Team of Serbia for international matches. I have two matches ahead, so I won’t lose the game condition.
- Who will congratulate you with the first championship? Maybe one of the partners in the National Team of Serbia?
- No, no (laughs). First of all, my family and my friends. It is possible that when I arrive at the disposal of the national team, then someone will congratulate me.
- And what can you say about your relationship with Nemanja Maksimovic?
- He always asks me about FC Astana. First of all, he is interested in how his Balkan friends are doing, and only then asks questions about the other members of the club. He always tells me that he spent great years here in Astana. Now he is in another country and another club, but he always speaks of Astana only the good.
Author: Dimash Tulegenov