Dmitri Shomko: “Tomorrow we will play only for the victory”
The defender of FC Astana Dmitri Shomko commented on the upcoming match of the fifth round of the group stage of the Europa League against Dynamo Kyiv, reports a correspondent of KazFootball.kz:
28 November, 2018
We prepared well for the match. I got a little practice because I was injured. Now I work in the general group. If I have a chance, then I will play this match for100%.
- Is the preparation for the matches of KPL and Europa League different?
- No, not much different. We are not moving away from our style whether it’s the KPL or the European Competitions. Maybe we analyze the game a little better, but the preparation is not different.
- Do you or any of the team have any superstitions?
- No, I and the players do not have them.
- Tomorrow, under certain circumstances, we are satisfied with a draw. Will you play for a draw or will you try to win over Dynamo?
- We will not play for a draw. Why do you immediately think that we will play for a draw? It will be a good match. This is the last home match and we will only play to win.
- Have you fully recovered from the injury?
- Yes, I fully recovered, it is a pity that I did not play with Georgia. I worked all week, didn’t have a single day off.
- Your place was occupied by Baktiyor Zainutdinov. How do you rate his game?
- Baktiyor tries very hard, well done. He is a young player, I am happy for him, he is given playing time, and he uses this time, progresses.
- What impression did Dynamo make in the first match (2:2)?
- We have already completely broken down the first match. There were a lot of mistakes. It was a bad game, we could concede and score. We played there to win, but unfortunately, we earned one point.