Nenad Eric: “We are going to have a tough match in Romania”
After defeating the Romanian CFR in the first leg of the first qualifying round of the Champions League, the captain and goalkeeper of FC Astana Nenad Eric broke down the last match in an interview with Vesti.kz, noting that the Kazakhstani team is going to have a difficult return leg away.
10 July, 2019
- Nenad, at the Press Conference yesterday you said that the most important thing is not to concede. How difficult was it to do today?
- The team played very well. You can say 96 minutes – only the first half is over. We are still having a hard match in Romania. A couple of moments were at our target, and I can say, luck was on our side. You saw that the opponent is a strong and an organized, disciplined team. It is good that we won, but it is still early to say something. There is a return match, - said Eric.
- Who were more lucky today? You, because did not concede, or them, because you didn’t scored more?
- Always the most important thing is not to concede a goal. Of course, we want to win 2:0, 3:0, and it was difficult. We scored from the standard – and we still need to get ready, we need to work on the mistakes to further improve our game.
- Probably the team felt Anicic’s absence on the pitch?
- Of course, we lacked Marin. He is a very big player. Team needs him. On the other hand, young Simunovic played very well, without mistakes. But Marin is our key player.