Dmitri Shomko: “The best gift will be the Group Stage of the Champions League”
In an interview with Vesti.kz, the defender of FC Astana Dmitri Shomko, who remained in reserve at the first match in the Champions League against the Romanian CFR, noted that his team is not relaxed, and regarding the victory, you should not be intoxicated with the euphoria.
10 July, 2019
- Good game. I think in the first half we had not many opportunities. In principle, the guys coped with everything that the coach said. But we did only 50 percent of what was required of us. This victory is a 50 percent of half the battle, but let’s not be intoxicated with euphoria. 1:0 is the most slippery score in football, you know. Moreover, still have the return leg. We will prepare one hundred percent. We will show a decent game and present Kazakhstan in the European arena, - said Shomko.
- Two such different halves turned out.
- It was clear that the guys were coming into play. At first there were no such opportunities, we were more cautious. Everyone understood: if we concede, in any way, it would be necessary to score at least two in order to feel comfortable. Now there is no relaxation, we are preparing for one hundred percent, we will give battle in Cluj and, God grant, we will go further.
- Before the match, they also said that the CFR is a quite serious opponent for such a level, and now after the match, what are the conclusions, what makes it possible to pass over this team?
- This is the way of champions, and CFR is the Champion of Romania. This is the top tournament, and there are no easy opponents here. Everyone who played today and went on substitution, gave himself up to one hundred percent, we will continue in the same vein and God grant that we will be lucky and qualify as far as possible. And the best gift will be the Group Stage of the Champions League.