The author of the only goal in the first qualifying match of the Champions League between Astana and Romanian CFR Cluj was the defender Evgeni Postnikov.
10 July, 2019
After the match, the hero of the meeting answered questions of the Republican Internet portal Sports.kz.
- At first we tried to attack and play compactly. There were few approaches to the opponent’s penalty area, trying to play through the flanks. Then a lot of free zones began to appear, we managed to take advantage of our opportunities.
- Evgeni, due to what the ending of the match turned out to be so saturated with dangerous moments: did the opponent get tired or did the goal add wings to Astana?
- Maybe we got inspired a little. But the fans were propelling us forward, and supported us. Thank them very much for that. There was a good incentive.
- Were there any problems with the realization in the course of the match?
- This is football. Somewhere it goes smooth, but somewhere not. We hope that in the next match everything will be smooth.
- Today the match, as it seemed from the stands, was rich in the number of hard clashes and collisions. Didn’t it seem to you that the opponent was playing rough?
- I would not say that the game was rough. Yes, there was enough struggle, challenges, but in general everything was fine.
- What is the secret of your success, given that you score in European Competitions even more often than in the domestic championship?
- There’s no secret. Just I’m so lucky (smiles).
- Expectations from the return leg?
- It was a tough match. The coaching staff will tell us how we should play.