Roman Grigorchuk: “My sincere thanks to the fans for their support at the match!”
The Head Coach of FC Astana Roman Grigorchuk answered questions from journalists after the qualifying match of the Champions League against the Romanian club CFR Cluj.
9 July, 2019
Details are in the material of the correspondent of the Republican Internet portal Sports.kz.
- Is it possible to say that the ending was nervous?
- No, if not that dangerous moment, then I would say that the ending was normal. We went ahead, pressed the opponent, hoping to score the second goal. I will answer so that I liked the ending, except for one episode. Of course, this moment, it can not please.
- What do you think of Dorin Rotariu’s game on the flank?
- I knew how Dorin plays on the flank. I believe that he can play equally useful both on the flank, and the main forward. He played correctly on the flank, as an wing forward should play. There is only positive. As for Tomasov, it seemed to me that he got tired. I knew that he had difficulties at home, he had problems with children, so I thought that he was objectively tired. It could well be. He had no time for football for a couple of days.
- In the last 20 minutes, Astana has noticeably increased pace. What prevented the team to play actively before that?
- I respect your opinion and I will not argue. This is not about the coming into play. We have to be aware with who we play, which level the team belongs to. It is clear that we started the match exactly carefully and reliably. That was the task. We wanted to play in a disciplined way so that we control the ball. Everything in the strategy was right. Sharpness of attacks was not enough – I agree with you here. You saw how compact our opponent was in the middle of the pitch. I am even surprised because the opponent was patient. I had to look for other opportunities. During the break, we talked that we need to make a sharper ending and apply more pressure. We had chances where could switch the pressure to attack. It is a pity that we scored one goal only.
- Mubele – his entrance to the pitch – is this a coercive measure?
- I wanted to compliment Murtazayev, he played decently. But we understand that after the 70th minute there may be fatigue... Before the match, we agreed with Mubele, that he would play 20 minutes. I hope he can play more in the next match.
- Does the score allow you to feel calm?
- Account does not allow you to feel calm. When there is a second leg, especially away. My sincere thanks to the fans for their support. I dare to assume that the opponent will play in a different way. We can expect a match that will be more difficult and we must be prepared decently.