Rangelo Janga: “We are in good shape and must win”
The Dutch forward of FC Astana traditionally receives a lot of criticism. The player blew off the opportunities that his teammates created for him. But in a match against FC Valletta, Rangelo Janga, taking the pitch as a substitute, still used the Marin Tomasov’s pass and scored the fifth goal of FC Astana in the match.
9 August, 2019
After the match, Janga answered questions from the Republican Internet portal Sports.kz.
- Rangelo, what did your gesture mean when celebrating a goal?
- People sometimes say different things... But I scored – and everyone is happy.
- What can you say about the opponent, about this match?
- We had a lot of opportunities. We could score three or even four goals. And I had two more opportunities. I was not lucky, but we are happy about this score, I believe that we will win in the next match.
- What is it like to continue to score when the score is 4:1, and the victory is already in your pocket?
- Yes, but when you are a forward, you always want to score more. And if you have the ball, then you need to direct it into the goal. I want to score, especially when there is a lot of space in the defense of the opponent. So no matter what the score, the forward must score more and more.
- Score 5:1 – has everything been decided?
- You never know. Watch the Champions League matches – what crazy comebacks were there. I think we need to score in the next match right away – and go on.
- Our season is in full swing. Is this a positive point?
- Of course, - we are fresh, in the game, in good shape. You may notice that many opponents play 70-80 minutes, and we can run further and be in the rhythm of the game.
- When compared with a past opponent, why was it so difficult to pass?
- I think there was a difficult match in Andorra, connected with many circumstances. At home, we defeated FC Santa Coloma. Away is always more difficult, so it will be in a week. We are in good shape and must win.
The General Partner of FC Astana is JSC Samruk-Kazyna.