Roman Grigorchuk: “Usually, everyone falls in the 60th minutes playing against us, but here we did this...”
The coach of FC Astana Roman Grigorchuk commented on the match against BATE in the second leg for qualification to the Group Stage of the Europa League.
30 August, 2019
Details are in the article of the Republican Internet portal Sports.kz.
- Today, your team really looked good in the implementation of the output of the ball from out and from the goal. Was it such a directive from the first minutes?
- I have nothing to tell you.
- There was a feeling that you would defensively for all ninety minutes?
- Of course, you never want to knowingly give the initiative to an opponent, but you need to really look at things: BATE is a serious team. We were under pressure in the home match, so we could assume that. But, frankly, there was a psychological moment. Still, the team in such a situation should play more confidently, more impudently, be with the ball, and forget about the score 3:0. We played with some kind of apprehension, we were not we, we took some primitive actions. If you do not control the game, you will be on the defensive. This is the first time I saw anyone having a cramp. Usually, everyone falls in the 60th minutes playing against us, but here we did this... We trained very well.
- Did natural turf affect cramps?
- It’s not a matter of natural turf... According to the players, they say that the field is softer than natural turfs usually are – therefore the load is bigger, the game is harder. This is probably true. By the end, we were just falling.
- The first conceded goal affected your plans?
- You know, it doesn’t matter how the match evolved when you conceded... In the first half, there was nothing sharp – just a goal. But in the second half there were a number of opportunities. Therefore, I think that even if there were no first goal, it would be the same.
- Please, comment on the substitution of Tomasov to Beisebekov at the end of the match.
- This is a forced substitution. Tomasov asked for a substitution.
- And what position did Beisebekov took, where did you send him?
- He entered the position of the right winger, where Tomasov played.
- And how do you like Beysebekov’s performance in this position?
- Well, how am I going to comment on the performance of one? We are just glad that we went further. We have solved the problem. Now this is interesting. And the other is now inappropriate.
- Do you have any fears of an unsuccessful performance in the group?
- We will not think about the group now. Of course, we didn’t play as we wanted, but we solved the issue and achieved the result. We are not disappointed with our game. A week ago, the picture was the same when we played with a huge advantage and could score three or four goals, and today this would not be.
- Why did it happen that FC Astana today found itself in this position?
- I have already said that I can say what is permissible. I don’t want to analyze anything anymore. I have already said that one of the reasons is a psycho-emotional state. People understand what the result was and that the opponent is strong, we played with caution... Everything else is our internal business.