Evgeni Postnikov: “We will fly to England with a good mood”
After a comeback against FC Shakhter the defender of FC Astana Evgeni Postnikov spoke about a denied goal against the Karaganda team in an interview with a correspondent of Vesti.kz and commented on his trip to Manchester for the opening match of the Group Stage of the Europa League.
16 September, 2019
Today, September 15, the capital club at home pitch beat the Karaganda team with a score of 2:1 thanks to a curious own goal.
- In the first half, it turned out hard, but we had two or three points of 100 percent to score a goal, but it did not work out. We missed many counterattacks. In the second half, we began to dominate, scored a quick goal. There were still chances, but it happened so that the players of Shakhter scored own goal. They scored with an error, - said Postnikov.
- They were putting pressure...
- Yes, but you need to score your opportunities, and we had a lot of them. Plus, an denied goal, which was, the ball crossed the line by 30 centimeters – we have already watched. In principle, it’s good that we won. We will fly to England in a good mood.
- Share your feeling, please. Wherever they played, but this is Manchester!
- This is the number one team, I think, for fans, for fans around the world. It will be interesting to feel the atmosphere and see the English level. This is a super grande. It will be interesting to play.
- Admit please, that before the draw, you wanted to get such an opponent. To make it a feast.
- Of course, I wanted such a team. Moreover, we have never been to England. It is clear that it will be very difficult to play, but I would like Arsenal or Manchester United to be drawn. For the fourth time, we were lucky with the opponent.
- Would you like to ever enter the Old Trafford field as a player?
- This is the dream of every football player – to play in such a stadium. In such an atmosphere. It’s a dream. And it is already close. On our part, everyone will make every effort on the field.